- to win
This verb needs an inflection-table template.
From Old Frankish *waidanjan (“to pasture, graze, hunt for food”), ultimately from Proto-Germanic *waiþiz, *waiþī, *waiþō, *waiþijō (“pasture, field, hunting ground”); compare Old High German weidōn, weidanōn (“to hunt, forage for food”) (Modern German Weide (“pasture”)), Old Norse veiða (“to catch, hunt”), Old English wǣþan (“to hunt, chase, pursue”). Compare Catalan guanyar, Occitan ganhar, French gagner, Italian guadagnare, cf. also Spanish ganar. Related to English wathe, wide, and also gain (through Old French).
- to win (to achieve victory in a game, a war, etc)
- to earn (to receive payment for work)
- First-person singular (eu) future subjunctive of ganhar
- Third-person singular (ele, ela, also used with tu and você?) future subjunctive of ganhar
- First-person singular (eu) personal infinitive of ganhar
- Third-person singular (ele, ela, also used with tu and você?) personal infinitive of ganhar
- Kadiwéu: gaanyaǥa