- IPA: /ˈɡʌvi/
govvy (not comparable)
- (colloquial) Of or run by the government.
govvy (plural govvies)
- A government job.
- 1986, Coffield, F., Borrill, C. and Marshall, S. “Shit jobs, govvy schemes or on the dole: occupational choice for young adults in the North East of England” [title]
- 1998, Hollands, R. “Crap jobs, “govvy” schemes and trainspotting: reassessing the youth, employment and idleness debate” [title]
- 2003, Frank Webster, Theories of the Information Society 
- In these regions new occupations are either state-created ‘govvies’ or in areas such as tourism, leisure and personal care.