latimer (plural latimers)
- (obsolete) An interpreter.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Coke to this entry?)
- 1966, Constance Bullock-Davies, Professional interpreters and the matter of Britain
- […] royal and household latimers were so usual that he naturally provided Vortigern with one.
- 2008, Neil Cartlidge, Boundaries in medieval romance (page 81)
- It is likely that Anglo-Norman formed a necessary element of Morris Regan's linguistic repertoire as a latimer […]
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.