malaxation (plural malaxations)
- The act of softening a mass by malaxating.
- In entomology, kneading or softening, especially applied to the chewing and squeezing by which certain species of hunting wasps prepare prey captured as food for their larvae.
- In agriculture, the process of slowly churning milled oil crops such as olives, allowing droplets of oil to aggregate for more effective separation.
- In massage, a kneading technique, particularly used for softening muscle in spasm
- In pharmacology, the kneading and squeezing of ingredients into a mass for making pills and plasters
Read in another language
This page is available in 2 languages