Last modified on 4 December 2013, at 14:56
From an dialectal corruption of ords and ends (“points and endings" or "beginnings and ends”). More at ord, end.
odds and ends (plural only)
- (idiomatic) Miscellaneous things.
- The garage was filled with a random assortment of odds and ends.
- Bashkir: ваҡ-төйәк (vaq-töyäk)
- Breton: bitrakerezh m
- Dutch: brokstukken n pl, van alles en nog wat
- Finnish: kama (fi), (colloquial) sälä
- German: Krimskrams m
- Haitian Creole: kenkay
- Hungarian: ez-az (hu)
- Irish: giúirléidí f pl
- Italian: cianfrusaglie f pl
- Manx: fooillagh
- Russian: всякая всячина f (vsjákaja vsjáčina)
- Scottish Gaelic: criomagan f pl
- Serbo-Croatian: koještarija f
- Volapük: jodem