See also: Old Maid
- (pejorative) An old woman who has never married; a spinster.
- If she is looking for the perfect man before she marries, she'll be an old maid.
- A particular kind of periwinkle.
- A particular kind of zinnia.
- An unpopped kernel in a batch of popped popcorn kernels.
- A card game in which cards must be paired and one undesirable card is designated "old maid".
- An unpaired card in that game.
- (old unmarried woman): spinster
elderly unmarried woman — see spinster
Read in another language
This page is available in 5 languages