- (intransitive, transitive) To open.
- Some vacancies have opened up due to retirements.
- Open up the door!
- 2011 February 1, Phil McNulty, “Arsenal 2 - 1 Everton”, BBC:
- Wilshere then opened up Everton's defence, but Van Persie lifted his finish over the onrushing Howard and also over the bar.
- (intransitive) To reveal oneself; to become communicative.
- After three hours of questioning, he finally opened up.
- (intransitive) To commence firing weapons.
- As the convoy entered the pass, we opened up on them with everything we had.
Read in another language
This page is available in 9 languages