- IPA: /ˈɔr(d)ˌnɪŋ/
- order (arrangement, disposition, sequence)
- order (the state of being well arranged)
- orderliness, tidiness
- (mathematics) order (the cardinality, or number of elements in a set or related structure)
- (biology) order (a rank in the classification of organisms)
Declension of ordning
- Recommendations against the use of this word in legal prose, together with suggested replacements, are found in Svarta listan : Ord och fraser som kan ersättas i författningsspråk (4th ed., 2011), published by the government of Sweden.