panhandle (plural panhandles)
- The handle of a pan.
- (cartography, US) On a map, where a part of a political entity forms a longish extension such that it resembles the handle of a pan, as with a frying pan.
- The three counties that form the Oklahoma panhandle were originally part of the Cimmaron Strip.
- The very wide Texas panhandle butts up, at its north, against the Oklahoma panhandle.
- The Florida panhandle is the area west, along the Gulf coast, of the Florida Peninsula.
- Part of Fairfield County, Connecticut consitutes a panhandle, extending into Bronx County, New York.
- (US) To beg for money, especially with a container in hand for receiving loose change, especially on the street, and particularly, by a bum.
Read in another language
This page is available in 10 languages