rifleman (plural riflemen)
- A soldier trained to use a rifle as their primary weapon.
- The riflemen had not been issued their weapons yet, and hence they trained with wooden mock-up rifles.
- A person especially skilled in the use of a rifle.
- She was quite the rifleman and could pick off a squirrels with a .22 from across the field with amazing accuracy.
- A small wrenlike insectivorous passerine bird endemic to New Zealand, Acanthisitta chloris, the titipounamu.
Read in another language
This page is available in 7 languages