slut + -ish
sluttish (comparative more sluttish, superlative most sluttish)
- (vulgar) Like a slut; sexually promiscuous.
- (chiefly dated) Dirty or untidy; disorderly.
- 1815 (1823 reprint), Walter Scott, Guy Mannering, in the Novels and Tales of the Author of Waverly, volume 3:
- […] an air of liberal, though sluttish, plenty, indicated the wealthy farmer.
- 1996 February 7, Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones's Diary (, accessed 2009-08-03), in The Independent (London):
- "Check plates and cutlery for tell-tale signs of sluttish washing up […] "
Last modified on 8 April 2013, at 09:30