southpaw (plural southpaws)
- (informal) One who is left-handed, especially in sports.
- (baseball) A left-handed pitcher.
- Since home plate is generally in the southwest corner to avoid glare in the batter's eyes, a southpaw's pitching hand is to the south.
- A left-handed writer who, instead of mirroring right-handed writers, turn his or her hand upsidedown in order to put the writing implement in the same position as right-handed writers.
informal: one who is left-handed
left-handed writer who turns their hand upside down to write
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.