wall-to-wall (comparative more wall-to-wall, superlative most wall-to-wall)
Last modified on 26 May 2012, at 14:46
- (of carpeting) that covers all of the floor of a room
- (informal) pervasive or ubiquitous
- The TV showed wall-to-wall coverage of the bombing.
- 2012 May 20, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Marge Gets A Job” (season 4, episode 7; originally aired 11/05/1992)”, The Onion AV Club:
- We all know how genius “Kamp Krusty,” “A Streetcar Named Marge,” “Homer The Heretic,” “Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie” and “Mr. Plow” are, but even the relatively unheralded episodes offer wall-to-wall laughs and some of the smartest, darkest, and weirdest gags ever Trojan-horsed into a network cartoon with a massive family audience.