- —을게 (eulge)
- —ᆯ께 (lkke) / —을께 (eulkke) (official until 1988)
—ㄹ (-l, prospective suffix) + —게 (ge, suffix denoting intention).
- Phonetic Hangul[ᆯ께]
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?
—ᆯ게 • (-lge)
- An informal verbal suffix expressing the future tense, a promise.
- Yeolsimhi gongbuhalgeyo.
- I promise to study hard.
- The particle is pronounced with a gemination (doubling tensification), which is normally not shown in the romanisation: —ᆯ께 (*lkke) and —을께 (*eulkke).
- The —ᆯ게 (lge) form is only used after verb stems ending in vowels. For verb stems ending in consonants, the form —을게 (eulge) is used instead.
- The —ᆯ게 (lge) form is used in informal non-polite speech (해체), and the —ᆯ게요 (lgeyo) form is used in informal polite speech (해요체). There is no form in formal speech (해라체, 하십시오체), and —겠— (get-) is used instead.