- American-English (esp. adjective)
- The form of the English language that is chiefly used in the United States, contrasted with British English or Canadian English and that of other places.
- The form of the English language that is chiefly used in North America, contrasted with British English and that of other places.
- AmE, AE, AmEng
- (English of North America): North American English (NAmE, NAE)
- United States English (USEng, en-US)
English of the United States
- Of or relating to, or spoken or written in American English.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:American English.