- Abbreviation of .
- 2008, Bruce R. Elbert, Introduction to Satellite Communication, page 137:
- On the transmit side, there would need to be an upconverter and a high-power amplifier; if the transmit power required is less than about 10W, then it is possible to obtain both functions within what is called a block-upconverter (BUC).
- 2012, Mark L. Ayers, Telecommunications System Reliability Engineering, page 3-47:
- The BUC is a relatively low-cost method to provide two otherwise expensive network functions.
- 2019, Stojče Dimov Ilčev, Global Aeronautical Distress and Safety Systems (GADSS), page 261:
- Modern BUC units convert from the L-band to C-band, Ku-band, and Ka-band.