See also: brainfuck
- A minimalist esoteric programming language, created for amusement, in which every basic machine instruction is represented by a single character.
- 2005, G. Braziller, Inc., Morten Søndergaard, Perttu Rastas, Björn Norberg, editors, Get real: real time + art + theory + practice + history, →ISBN, page 48:
- Some eccentric languages are structurally just as simple, but intentionally made awfully hard to understand — like the notorious languages Brainfuck […] or Malbolge.
- 2008, Matthew Fuller, Software Studies: A Lexicon, →ISBN, page 269:
- Brainfuck is an archetypically minimalist language, providing merely eight commands, each represented by a single character. These commands operate on an array of 30000 byte cells initialized to 0.
- 2010, Miguel Soriano, Sihan Qing, Javier López, Information and Communications Security: 12th International Conference, Icics 2010, Barcelona, Spain, December 15-17, 2010 Proceedings, →ISBN, page 345:
- Brainfuck language is the gotoless programming language, and it has a implicit byte pointer which is free to move […] In addition, Brainfuck defines only eight-instructions associated with the pointer […]