English citations of cueball
- 1855, Frederick Douglass, Philip Sheldon Foner (editor), My bondage and my freedom, published 1969, page 283
- Cueballs began to click. People who had been ready for a fight now had to get rid of adrenalin.
- 1977, Stephen King, The Shining
- They're knocking around up in your head like a bunch of loose cueballs. You need to shoot them into the pockets.
- 2003, Robert Byrne, Byrne's complete book of pool shots
- Follow straight through The tip is only in contact with the cueball for one millisecond.