English citations of mantyhose
Noun: "(informal) pantyhose designed for and/or marketed toward men"Edit
- 2009 — "'Mantyhose', latest fad for men!", The Times of India, 16 January 2009:
- The site e-MANcipate.net is devoted to "accelerating the acceptance of male pantyhose as a regular clothing item," and features a how-to guide for wearing mantyhose properly.
- 2009 — Kathleen Cuthbertson, "Men's leggings, called meggings, arrive in Australia", The Daily Telegraph (Australia), 14 April 2009:
- Hosiery company Ambra has a prototype of pantyhose for men ready - just in case a trend for "mantyhose" erupts.
- 2009 — Vinay Menon, "Sir, your (fashion) slip is showing", Toronto Star, 7 May 2009:
- Soon we were getting blitzed by stories about exotic headwear and mantyhose when, not that long ago, we were ridiculed as slobs in tattered baseball caps and mismatched socks.
- 2009 — Mario Cacciottolo, "What sort of man wears mantyhose?", BBC News Magazine, 29 September 2009:
- A dapper young man with oversized sunglasses, waistcoat and trilby comes up to ask if I'm wearing mantyhose - he's Anthony Hagan, a 22-year-old student from Tufnell Park, London.
- 2009 — Fleur Cogle, "'Mantyhose' fad unlikely to hook Timaru blokes", The Timaru Herald, 10 October 2009:
- Last month London's Selfridges began supplying a line of stockings in black, beige and charcoal, dubbed "mantyhose", exclusively for men.
- 2012 — Allison Berry, "Introducing Mantyhose. Yes, Mantyhose.", Time, 8 March 2012:
- Mantyhose – stockings that are specifically designed and marketed to men, as well as unisex versions – are growing in popularity
- Mantyhose have been popular in Europe – that bastion of progressive, gender-neutral fashion – for years, but have only recently gained traction in the U.S.
- 2012 — Cavan Sieczkowski, "Mantyhose For Sale: Men In Tights Might Just Be Fashion’s Next Big", International Business Times, 9 March 2012:
- His mantyhose come in prints like skulls, stars, hearts, polka dots and checkers.
- 2012 — Maureen Dowd, "Manlashes, Manscara and Mantyhose", The New York Times, 10 March 2012:
- Their mantyhose are most popular with customers from Germany, France, Scandinavia, Canada and the United States.
- 2012 — Fred Attewill, "Mantyhose: Fashion-conscious men snapping up pairs of ‘man tights’", Metro (UK), 22 March 2012:
- The £17-a-pair mantyhose come with patterns such as stars, skulls and stripes and are most popular with customers from Germany, France, Scandinavia, Canada and the US.