Destruction and catastropheEdit
- 1880, T. B. Cauldwell, Wisconsin Baptist anniversaries, page 113:
- Ignorance, cast, and superstition abound in the south; Unitarianism and socialism in the east; Mormonism, Anarchism, and Romanism in the west; a stupendous race problem in the north; and ruinism both north and south and east and west.
- 1995, Vladislav Todorov, Red Square, Black Square: Organon for Revolutionary Imagination, page 182:
- ALCHEMY OF DECAY AND RUINISM The post-communist prophets hone their sharp ironies, herald the coming of doomsday, draw apocalyptic visions.
- 1997, Paul Rabinow, Architecture of fear (review on cover), page 322:
- This important collection tracks the myriad forms of defensible spaces, from simple walls to phantasmagoric 'neo-ruinism.'