After Dirty Harry, a fictional police detective.
- (figuratively) A police officer who is reckless, disregards practices and policies, or who practices vigilantism, or has a questionable use of force and officer involved shooting incidents.
- JSTOR: Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, Vol. 452, The Police and Violence (Nov., 1980), The Dirty Harry Problem , pp. 33-47 Carl B. Klockars
- JSTOR: Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, Vol. 452, The Police and Violence (Nov., 1980), Perspectives on Police and Violence, pp. 1-12 Lawrence W. Sherman
- The evolution of the Dirty Harry syndrome, 1971-1988 : a comparison of a fictional police officer's behavioral patterns to those of a non-fictional officer (1993) William K Rowlette
- British Library: EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES 1997, VOL 26; NUMBER 6, pages 18-23 The Demise of Dirty Harry C. Summer (ISSN: 0094-6575)
- British Library: UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO LAW REVIEW 1997, VOL 64; NUMBER 4, pages 1457-1491 Dirty Harry and the Real Constitution. The Constitution and Criminal Procedure: First Principles Akhil Reed Amar & M.S. Paulsen (ISSN: 0041-9494)
- african security review Vol.9, Issue 1, Dirty Harry is back: Vigilantism in South Africa-The (re) emergence of the “good” and “bad” community” (2000) pp. 18
- Springer: European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research Volume 8, Number 3 / September, 2000 Police Powers and Accountability in a Democratic Society: Introductory Report pp. 237-245 Joachim Kersten
- Social Science Research Nework: New England School of Law 79 Tul. L. Rev. 1 (2004) What Happens When Dirty Harry Becomes an (Expert) Witness for the Prosecution? JOELLE ANNE MORENO
- The Modern Law Review Volume 64 Issue 6 Page 911 - November 2001 Due Process and Dirty Harry Dilemmas: Criminal. Appeals and the Human Rights Act Richard Nobles & David Schiff
- Ingenta Connect: Journal of Applied Philosophy, Volume 23, Number 3, August 2006, pp. 337-353(17) Torture — The Case for Dirty Harry and against Alan Dershowitz UWE STEINHOFF