From the A Song of Ice and Fire book series by George R. R. Martin.
- A constructed language created for, and spoken in, the Game of Thrones television adaptation in 2011.
2010 September-October, Henry, Jim, “Dothraki and Esperanto: an interview with language creator David J. Peterson”, in Usona Esperantisto, ISSN 1056-0297, page 9:
- For example, in Dothraki something done in secret is done torga essheyi—literally, “under a roof”.
2011 October 15, Rogers, Stephen D., A Dictionary of Made-Up Languages: From Adûnaic to Elvish, Zaum to Klingon— the Anwa (Real) Origins of Invented Lexicons, Avon: Adams Media, ISBN 9781440530395, OL OL25273533M, page 54:
- Dothraki has four vowels.
2012 October 4, Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute, “Andy's Ancestry”, in The Office (US), season 9, episode 3, , 2:51:
- You want to learn a really impressive second language? Try Dothraki. Win over any man in my guild.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:Dothraki.