Rhyming slang, using the name of Eartha Kitt (1927–2008), American singer and actress.
- (English and Lowland Scottish rhyming slang) Shit.
- 2006, Dave Cox, Gone for a Burton, Matador (2006), ISBN 9781905886173, page 121:
- Possession is nine-tenths of the law, he thought, as he settled down for what Stan referred to as an Eartha Kitt. He could hear the others arguing outside as to who would be next in the toilet.
- 2007, Giles Smith, "Thumbs down as Rodney Marsh gets sinking feeling in the jungle", The Times (UK), 15 November 2007:
- Those of us with much invested in a Marsh victory in Australia will note with concern that he is already suffering from the internal complications for which the world's most important in-the-raw celebrity challenge is famous. Or, as Marsh put it: "I haven't had an Eartha Kitt for seven days."
- 2007, Will Buckley, "Marsh has a gas in the jungle but leaves the lady blank", The Guardian, 18 November 2007:
- He will be, possibly, the first contestant to be evicted - the ninth loser? - before he has even managed to have had, in his own words, 'an Eartha Kitt'.
- 2009, Alan Smithie, Sperm, Wonderful Sperm!, AuthorHouse UK Ltd. (2009), ISBN 9781438981581, page 204:
- […] I'm now on a saving-water economy drive, generally helped by taking an Eartha Kitt at work.
- 2011, Tam Cowan, "Sorry folks, but I don't give a shoot about those pandas", Daily Record (Scotland), 7 December 2011:
- Apologies if this makes Tian Tian and Yang Guang choke on today's portion of deep-fried bamboo with salt 'n' sauce, but surely I'm not the only one who couldn't give an Eartha Kitt about Edinburgh Zoo's latest exhibits?