See also: earthman
Earthman (plural Earthmen)
- (usually science fiction) A male inhabitant of Earth.
- 1928, Burroughs, Edgar Rice, The Master Mind of Mars, page 2:
- Such dreams! Always of Mars, and during my waking hours at night my eyes always sought out the Red Planet when he was above the horizon and clung there seeking a solution of the seemingly unfathomable riddle he has presented to the Earthman for ages.
- “Earthman” in Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction, Oxford University Press, 2007, →ISBN, page 46.
- earthman n. at the OED Science Fiction Citations Project