- A specific competition in the Olympics, involving diving off a ten-meter platform from a three-meter springboard.
- 2000, Timothy Vick, How to Pick Stocks Like Warren Buffett:
- Investors should remember that their scorecard is not computed using Olympic-diving methods: Degree-of-difficulty doesn’t count.
- 2002, Joseph L Badaracco Jr. Leading Quietly :
- Ethical efforts are often best judged like Olympic diving. It is important to compare what people actually accomplish to the degree of difficulty they face.
- 2003, Michael Graham, chapter XXCC, in Redneck Nation:
- NASCAR on the radio is as stupid as Olympic diving on the radio: “Oooh, look at that splash—oh wait, you can’t. It’s on the radio.”