- A female given name from the Germanic languages.
- c. 1598–1600, William Shakespeare, “As You Like It”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: […] Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, (please specify the act number in uppercase Roman numerals, and the scene number in lowercase Roman numerals):: Act III, Scene II:
- Jaques. Rosalind is your love's name?
- Orlando. Yes, just.
- Jaques. I do not like her name.
- Orlando. There was no thought of pleasing you when she was christened.
- (astronomy) A moon of Uranus