- (informal) Alternative spelling of
- 2004, Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper, page 374:
- I mean, not only are they found on Australia alone, like some kind of mutant evolutionary strain—they have the eyes of deer and the useless paws of a T. Rex.
- 2007, Douglas Preston, Tyrannosaur Canyon, page 105:
- In this body of water lived a predator even bigger than she, the fifty-foot-long crocodilian known as Deinosuchus, the only animal capable of killing a T. Rex unwise enough to venture into the wrong body of water in pursuit of prey.
- 2008, Victoria Minnich, Question Reality: An Investigation of Self-Humans-Environment, Part 2, page 454:
- [I]f Terra introduced some T. Rexes from Cocos island in Jurassic Park, that would be considered kind of “unethical,” so might as well do it through government.