From the colour of the TARDIS, a time machine and spacecraft shaped like a police box, from the British science fiction television series Doctor Who.
TARDIS blue (uncountable)
- A dark blue colour.
TARDIS blue colour:
- 2014, Michele Zurlo, Kiss Me by Moonlight, Omnific Publishing (2014), ISBN 9781623421205, unnumbered page:
- He wore a black button-down shirt and gray slacks. […] On his feet, he wore his lucky shoes. The TARDIS blue was the only real color on him.
TARDIS blue (not comparable)
- Of a dark blue colour.
- 2014, Emma Gray, Groupies, Lulu Press (2014), ISBN 9781304854339, page 39:
- She wears a tacky T.A.R.D.I.S blue cardigan, buttoned to the max, over khaki slacks.
- 2015, Lucia Moroşanu, When Impossible Events Occur, ISBN 9783730958483, unnumbered page:
- She took a long drag and put the cigarette out in the blue ashtray on the living room table. Alex had given it to her two months after they first met. It was an odd, almost circular shape, but it was TARDIS blue and he thought Die might like it.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:TARDIS blue.