I have moved the following usage notes from the article because I believe them to be false in that these usages are still usages of the proper noun.
- ====Usage notes====
- As with the other days of the week, Saturday is often used as a common noun. As a proper noun, it refers collectively to the day across all weeks:
- Saturday is my favorite day of the week.
- As a common noun, it refers in the singular to any one Saturday, or in the plural to a set of Saturdays:
- Let’s get together on the Saturday after next.
- There are only two Saturdays left before your birthday.
If anyone disagrees, then I am happy to discuss this, or to restore it to the article with a request for confirmation. Dbfirs 19:01, 4 February 2010 (UTC)