See also: totty
Totty (plural [please provide])
- (slang, archaic) a Hottentot
- 1859, William and Robert Chambers, CHAMBERS'S JOURNAL OF POPULAR LITERATURE SCIENCE AND ARTS, London: W. & R. Chambers:
- Only the elite of the party are here assembled; for it would be little short of sacrelige for a Totty or a Caffre to presume to enter these sacred precincts, or to join in the conversation of the master
- 1879, Alfred Wilks Drayson, Among the Zulus: The Adventures of Hans Sterk, South African Hunter and Pioneer, Griffith and Farran, page 338:
- Between the Totty and the Kaffir a deadly hatred exists, the former seeming to have a natural love for hunting the latter.