|This is a Wiktionary user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wiktionary, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wiktionary itself. The original page is located at.
|Search user languages or scripts|
Hello. I'm PseudoSkull, and I mostly edit here when I have other things I should be doing, or could be doing that are more fun, like gaming. I'm an administrator here at the English Wiktionary (verify). I've been here since 29 March 2014, but changed accounts a few times. I mostly edit and create English and Danish entries, as well as some for Spanish, French, and other Latin-based languages. You might see me create others, but not nearly as often. I also patrol recent changes a lot, and regularly revert vandalism when I see it. I've been an administrator since 31 March 2018.
I was born in 1999 in the United States. Unfortunately, despite loving linguistics, geography, culture, and history, I have never had a chance to leave the country as of yet. I am practically obsessed with Denmark, Danish culture, and the Danish language.
I am quite addicted to editing Wiktionary to the point that it sometimes becomes a personal problem. I can't imagine ever permanently leaving the project. It's fun, but I think I mean something different than usual when I say "fun" though...
I am also a gamer. I'm primarily active in the tool-assisted speedrun community. On the TASVideos website, I am a vested editor and player. I'm not incredibly active there right now though. If you're interested in seeing my activities and such there, see this page. For my YouTube channel, see here.
I believe heavily in the free information movement; I am heavily against censorship and feel that all information (except highly personal information) should be accessible to everyone everywhere.
Anyway, that's about it. For anything you need to talk to me about concerning Wiktionary, or even otherwise, please direct it to my talk page.
an interesting thing to me, a lot of people will tell you, "oh, computer programming, I always wondered how that works". And yet if you throw a pack of cards on the floor, and ask them "OK, sort these cards, but TELL ME HOW you are doing it, what rules are you using to sort these cards, and how would you draw a flow chart of what you are doing" -- they mostly just say "dude, I was in the middle of a game, you fucking jerk".
Possible entries/add laterEdit
- deep of night/deep of the night
- higher court/lower court
- paper cut as a verb, and more alt forms for both POSes
- hex nut
- Heisenberg cut
- Heisenberg group
- Heisenberg model
- Heisenberg picture
- Heisenberg representation
- Scotia lox, some kind of salmon or something
- farmer ant, farming ant, ant farmer, what is the relationship between all these?
- schmutzed - dirty
- to schmutz - to get dirty(?)
- breath mint
- potas. - potassium, but there's already potass in Translingual
- mad skills - common collocation
- brain freezer - something that gives you a brain freeze?
- brain freeze as a verb
- sicle as slang for "popsicle"? - Regular Show, episode "Cool Cubed": "Let's blowtorch this sicle stand."
- trust fall as a verb
- trust faller, someone who trust falls
- fight sleep, to try hard to stay awake for long periods of time, is it SOP?
- eye contact as a rare verb?
- bodyswap verb, bodyswapper, bodyswapping
- good game
- wing out - same episode
- this good green Earth - like god's green Earth, from Regular Show "Tants" (S5E9)
- bank shot - Regular Show, "Bank Shot" (S5E10)
- bank-shooting, bank-shoot
- belt sander
- say stuff - synonym of talk shit
- hold still
- big dog
- with one's own eyes
- at one's will
- at one's own risk/at one's own peril
- take one in the bobo? Harvey Birdman S!E3, "Shaggy Busted"
- Nariño, see Nariño
- open the books
- get made
- stick with the kid
- girl thing, girl time, euphemistic for menstrual period
- Cabomba, genus and English noun, remind me
- disambig, work hard to find citations, there have to be 3!
- comp. notebook
- comp. NB
- læl løl lål, alterations of lol
- O'lando - eye dialect of Orlando, hard to attest because of search engine crappiness
- subspeed - a speed value that is part of another speed value(?), in terms of video game code
- soft reset, hard reset - different ways to reset your video game console
- bossfight, bossbattle - WT:COALMINE may require boss battle to be restored because of this though.
- end-all be-all - an alt-form of be-all and end-all I found on a forum
- Denialgate - "Denialgate refers to the release of controversial documents from the Heartland Institute, a conservative American think tank. The name is analogous to Climategate."
- Däniken - surname, but began in source as "von Däniken"
- Jonanism - believing that everyone you hate is the same
- knee-bendingly - "Got a mysterious event, but ghosts aren't knee-bendingly painful enough? Prayer did it!"
- postdesignation - "a logical fallacy that occurs when a conclusion is drawn from correlations observed in a sample, but only after collection of the sample and without declaring in advance what correlations the experimenter was expecting to find."
- Zecharia - first name of Zecharia Sitchin
- de-evolution, de-evolve - synonyms for devolution and devolve respectively
- neo-Darwinism, neo-Darwinian, neo-modern - all from this link
- glitchhunt, glitchhunter, glitchhunting - compounds, hunting for glitches
- shitgame - A terrible game. I feel weird adding this, even though it is attested on Usenet, since some uses might just be accidental combinations rather than legit trying to make a compound. Where do we draw the line?
- FBA - see FBA
- GGC - see GGC
- BGB - see BGB
- basketball shoes - but Wikipedia defines it here as "footwear designed specifically for playing basketball," which may mean the term is SOP.
- ICFA - a bunch of different things, not conveniently linked together by a WP disambig
In the backburnerEdit
Unattested hall of fameEdit
These are all not attested, but should be.
- occupato, synonym of ocupado derived from Italian, used in Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law episode "Incredible Hippo", but does not seem attested
- vacaneymoon (vacation + honeymoon) DAMNIT not attested, two cites, # A vacation that is also a honeymoon.
- speedrunnable - able to be speedran
- robey - this is something my family and I always said to mean robe (adding the diminutive suffix)
- voicey as a noun - diminutive of voice
- fing - I found this on a Zaxby's receipt: as written, "5 Fing Plate 8.49". It is a clipping of finger, very rare and probably only used on things like receipts. So, unfortunately, no attestation found.
- brospect - blend of bro + respect. Found in Regular Show episode "Steak Me Amadeus". That's the only citation though; two on Groups but only 1 is Usenet but the Usenet one only counts as a mention! DAAAAYUM IT!!!
- parkiversary - an anniversary at a park, from Regular Show "Tants" (S5E9), nowhere else to be found
- pumpkinier, pumpkiniest, nonstandard forms of pumpkiny, both only have 2 available citations
- hypernymically, mentioned in Wiktionary itself on a few occasions
- Nilep, User:Cnilep's unattested surname
- ethnosymptomatology, neologism
- bouqueter, from Harvey Birdman S1E4
- idiotistical, synonym of idiotistic
- countryball, synonym of Polandball
- electrotechnologically, in an electrotechnological manner. TWO CITES! TWO!!!
- Luafy - to convert into Lua (programming language), failed RFV
- re-verlan - double verlan (French backslang)
- middeljapansk - Danish/Norwegian cognate for Middle Japanese
- the mop - figurative term on Wikipedia for administratorship
- talk page stalker - (humorous) someone on Wikipedia or another wiki who closely watches and responds to inquiries on someone else's talk page
- storkhole - a slang euphemism used in Allen Gregory used to mean vagina (in relation to the stork myth for how babies are born)
- IWGBTP - I wanna go back to Philmont: Scouting nostalgia
- unatheistically - not atheistically; see Citations:unatheistically
- vandalhood - the condition of being a vandal
- PFP - (Internet) profile picture
- hack-and-slashing - based on hack-and-slash, appears to have 2 citations at Usenet
- max% - (speedrunning) A category which requires the player to complete as much of the game as possible.
- skipfest - (rare) Gameplay, usually recorded, where one or more players skips many sections of a game. reference (as of 5/23/2020)
- restrat - speedrunning slang, (as a verb) short for restrategize, (as a noun) restrategization
- DJMH - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- lolword - Used by Equinox once,
- GRSM - gender, romantic, and sexual minorities, an alternative to the "LGBT" initialism preferred by some
Some interesting thingsEdit
- Template:&lit should not be used on entries such as learning permits, because it would require making an entire unnecessary POS heading. "They all got learning permits this week." is using learning permits as a plural noun phrase, while "I will learn about Wiktionary as much as learning permits." is a...regular phrase.
- As a kid, I always assumed finger was constructed like fing + -er. So I was like, if it's a finger, what does it fing? This was before I knew to look at etymologies.
- alternate form: Alternative form of
Clean this upEdit
Danish declension/conjugation cleanupEdit
For my convenience...
- A surname.