- See also: Help:Tips and tricks/Bookmarklets - Contains core bookmarklets!
A Wiktionary bookmarklet is something that a Wiktionarian has found so useful, they have created a bookmarklet for. Any task that a sysop finds himself doing over and over again is a likely candidate for being bookmarkleted. The idea is to use your browser to do a little bit of the grunt-work.
- Note: In Firefox, you can use Ctrl - and Ctrl + to increase and decrease the font size, to get it down to a single line you can cut-n-paste.
On Firefox, move your bookmark to the "Personal toolbar folder" to make a "Button" of it. In IE, move it to the "Links" folder, and turn it on via View, Toolbars, Links.
- Creates a bookmarklet that will take whatever word is currently selected and look it up in the English Wiktionary.
- Firefox/Netscape/Mozilla, etc
- Internet Explorer
Check all checkboxes on a pageEdit
Wikify all termsEdit
- A quick and dirty way of wikifying all terms. Specific to Firefox. USing it: select and copy some text, click bookmarklet, paste & [ok], select and copy all from result & [ok], paste in edit box.