- Misspelling of abhorring.
1992, Adrian Desmond, The Politics of Evolution:
- Oddly, while abhoring Lamarch’s transformism for degrading the “godlike race,” Brewster openly patronized Grant.
2000, Suzanne Stein, The Pusher and the Sufferer:
- For Ahab, accession to the sublime image entails abhoring, killing, and thereby magically fusing with the White Whale. For Ishmael, unparented and self-abhoring, accession requires that he find, then lose himself in a Queequeg, [...]
- 2002, Sandra Mackey, The Saudis  
- Abhoring risk and loving liquidity, he invested SAMA’s funds almost entirely in government securities and corporate bonds in the West.
- Abhoring instability above all else, Saudi Arabia sees the threat from Israel in terms of the unrest the confrontation with its Arab neighbors churns up on the kingdom’s borders.