archicarp (plural archicarps)
- The female reproductive structure of an ascomycete.
- 1975, Steven E. Carpenter, Taxonomy, morphology and ontogeny of Gelatinodiscus flavidus:
- The archicarp is bounded at the top by the trichogyne and at the base by a foot cell.
- 2010, Helen Gwynne-Vaughan, Fungi: Ascomycetes, Ustilaginales, Uredinales, →ISBN, page 155:
- In Chaetomium spirale the cells of the mycelium contain each a single nucleus, the archicarp arises as a coiled branch and divides into four or more uninucleate cells.
- 2010, Douglas H. Campbell, Elements of Structural and Systematic Botany, →ISBN, page 80:
- The other branch (antheridium) grows up in close contact with the archicarp, and like it is shut off by a partition from its filament.