See also: Asimina
asimina (plural asiminas)
- (US, dated) The pawpaw (Asimina triloba), a fruit-bearing plant.
- 1838, John Claudius Loudon, Arboretum et fruticetum Britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, volume 1, page 79:
- […] but it still contains an excellent collection, some fine specimens of magnolias, asiminas, crataegusus, […] and other foreign trees and shrubs, and is conducted with the greatest liberality.
- 1911, Liberty Hyde Bailey, Sketch of the evolution of our native fruits, page 443:
- Of the asiminas, or so-called pawpaws, — which are also anonaceous plants, — there are several species in the United States.
- ^ 1902, Journal of American Folklore, volume 15