From Balmacaan, a Scottish estate.
balmacaan (plural balmacaans)
- A loose overcoat of a certain type, with raglan sleeves
- 2007 February 25, Lynn Yaeger, “Dead Stock”, in New York Times:
- Which is why she can gallivant in a 1940s balmacaan and not feel that the previous owner is peering, Topper-like, over her shoulder.
- 2009 March 26, David Livingstone, “Benjamin on the button for spring”, in Toronto Star:
- Arriving for interviews at Holts offices, he has on a vintage Burberry round-collared, raglan-sleeved balmacaan coat in heavy tweed, a Benjamin Bixby polo shirt, vintage jeans with an old bandana poking from a front pocket, and a vintage belt that he says is about to fall apart.