- (sports) A shot with a ball sent on a curved banana-shaped trajectory.
- 2002, Andrew Collins, Guild of Honor, →ISBN, page 53:
- He played the fading, low-banana shot as planned, and the ball whistled left of the oak tree and between the pines.
- 2006, Richard Witzig, The Global Art of Soccer, →ISBN, page 247:
- [...]Bernd Schneider closed the scoring in injury-time with a 23 meter free-kick banana shot into the upper-right corner.
- Wilson Orhiunu, Love Letters, page 85, →ISBN.
- 2009, No one squealed, even though all saw Andrew unleash his poor imitation of a Brazilian Banana shot forty-five degrees away from its intended target.