See also: Betacoronavirus
From the genus name.
betacoronavirus (plural betacoronaviruses)
- Any member of the genus Betacoronavirus.
- 2012, Patrick CY Woo, “Genetic relatedness of the novel human group C betacoronavirus to Tylonycteris bat coronavirus HKU4 and Pipistrellus bat coronavirus HKU5”, in Emerging Microbes & Infections, volume 1, number 1:
- The recent outbreak of severe respiratory tract infections associated with a novel human group C betacoronavirus originating from Saudi Arabia has drawn global attention to another highly probable “SARS-like” interspecies jumping event of coronavirus (CoV) from animal to human.
- 2015 August 13, You-Jin Kim et al., “Complete Genome Sequence of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus KOR/KNIH/002_05_2015, Isolated in South Korea”, in Genome Announcements, volume 3, DOI:10.1128/genomeA.00787-15:
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) is the first betacoronavirus lineage C member isolated from humans.