bowlder (plural bowlders)
- Dated form of boulder.
- 1900, Gertrude Franklin Horn Atherton, The Doomswoman:
- Between was the wild valley where cattle grazed among the trees and the massive bowlders.
- 1913, B. M. Bower, The Gringos:
- His back humped; like a bowlder hurled down a mountain slope he made his rush, and nothing could swerve him.
- 1920, Harold Bindloss, Lister's Great Adventure:
- The trees on the summit bent in the wind; spray leaped about the bowlders where the white foam rolled.