- For information about Wiktionary categories, see Wiktionary:Categorization
- (mainly British) categorisation
From categorize + -ation.
categorization (countable and uncountable, plural categorizations)
- A group of things arranged by category; a classification.
- The process of sorting or arranging things into categories or classes.
- 2013 April 29, James Gleick, “Wikipedia's Women Problem”, in New York Review of Books:
- It’s fair to say that Wikipedia has spent far more time considering the philosophical ramifications of categorization than Aristotle and Kant ever did.
the process of sorting or arranging things into categories or classes