- Synonym of
- 1891, Documents and Reports on Foot-and-mouth Disease - - Fowl Pest:
- The successful reproduction of the disease by inoculating a healthy chicken, and the absence of any demonstrable microorganisms in the tissues of the sick bird, should be considered positive evidence of chicken pest.
- 2013, Brauns, Mru: Hill People on the Border of Bangladesh, →ISBN, page 132:
- Since a goshawk may occasionally take a chicken or the chicken pest wipe out an entire flock, keeping up chickens is risky business.
- 2013, Lianne Holten, Mothers, Medicine and Morality in Rural Mali, →ISBN:
- Chicken pest is endemic in the region and a scarcity of chickens is frequent.