clipshear (plural clipshears)
- (Scotland) Earwig
- 1888, David Gray, Josephus Nelson Larned, Life, letters, poems, etc, page 7:
- I looked over the stair-windows, however, and saw the back green, which smells of clipshears and clockers, as of yore.
- 2004, Jennie Erdal, Ghosting: A Memoir, page 20:
- I also learned from my father how to drown baby mice in a rain barrel, crush a clipshear between my thumbnails, and assist in the skinning of a rabbit.
- 2017, Catriona McPherson, Dandy Gilver and a Spot of Toil and Trouble, →ISBN:
- Those tapestries were like a zoological garden, seething with slaters and clipshears.