comeover (plural comeovers)
- (Isle of Man) An immigrant.
- 2008, Kathleen M. Henry, Critical Mass, →ISBN, page 46:
- Some laborer, a comeover for sure, perhaps had stolen it, disabused his bosses of it, and for what?
- 2011, Jonathan Raban, Coasting: A Private Voyage, →ISBN:
- It was a comeover who told me that she disliked the Manx because they were so “provincial.” She was quite wrong. The Manx were not in the least provincial; they were profoundly insular—and the distinction is essential.
- Mark Abley, Spoken Here: Travels Among Threatened Languages (2003)