- The creation story found in Genesis in the Bible or the Qur'an, presented by fundamentalist Christians and Muslims as if it were a literal scientific truth.
- 2013, Kostas Kamourakis, The Philosophy of Biology: A Companion for Educators, page 182:
- […] by fundamentalist religious believers who look to religious texts (be it the Bible or the Qur'an) to espouse a so-called creation science […] .
- 2006, Ram Puniyani, Contours of Hindu Rashtra, page 321:
- The case of creation science vis-a-vis theory of evolution, 'Islamic science' (Koran being the source of all scientific knowledge) […]
- 2003, Ted Peters, Bridging Science and Religion, page 76:
- […] the inspired writings, be they the Torah, the Qur'an, or the Bible, are interpreted by some in these traditions as providing literal descriptions of all aspects of reality […] Based upon this assumption the idea of creation science was born.