- Banishment or exclusion in a virtual environment such as the Internet.
- 2008, Elly Konijn, Mediated interpersonal communication, page 204:
- However, while potentially damaging to the target's self-esteem and psychological well-being, there are arguably more harmful aspects of intentional antisocial behavior than cyberostracism.
- 2009, Donelson R. Forsyth, Group Dynamics, page 456:
- Members often become very involved in such groups, and react negatively when they are denied membership in such groups (cyberostracism, see Chapter 3).