draconologist (plural draconologists)
- A person who studies dragons.
- 1997, Dash, Mike, “Water Dragons: A Guide to Lake Serpent Legends Around the World (review)”, in Fortean Times, number 102-106, ISSN 0308-5899:
- As such, his pamphlet is unlikely to appeal either to serious draconologists and cryptozoologists, or to newcomers to the field, who would probably be better served by any of the many book-length cryptozoological tours available.
- 2000, Blust, Robert, “The Origin of Dragons”, in Anthropos, volume 95, number 2, page 522:
- In the words of one prominent draconologist “No dragon exists — none ever did exist” (Ingersoll 1928: 13).