See also: électrification
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act of electrifying, or the state of being charged with electricity.
- The adaptation (of a home, farm, village, city, industry, railroad) for electric power.
- 2019 October, Dan Harvey, “Midlands Connect touts direct city links”, in Modern Railways, page 9:
- The proposed Bedford-Leeds service requires the electrification of the Midland main line north of Market Harborough (it assumes that Kettering to Market Harborough is a done deal) and the Birmingham-Nottingham service requires electrification west of Nottingham.
- 2019 November 6, “Network News”, in Rail, page 24:
- Transport Scotland's Director of Rail Bill Reeve has raised the prospect of electrification in Scotland being extended to connect all of the nation's seven cities. With the Scottish Government due to publish its plans in the spring for achieving a zero net carbon railway by 2035, Reeve told RAIL that "the working assumption" is that it will include the erection of wires to Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee.
the act of electrifying, or the state of being charged with electricity
adaptation for electric power