- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act or process of exhaling; breathing out
- short exhalations of breath
- That which is exhaled, or which rises in the form of vapor, fume, or steam
- exhalations from the earth or flowers
- 1894, Ivan Dexter, Talmud: A Strange Narrative of Central Australia, published in serial form in Port Adelaide News and Lefevre's Peninsula Advertiser (SA), Chapter II, 
- For a week the party watched the flood, and each day it receded to a considerable extent. A thick deposit of mud was left behind, but though the sun shone out warmly no offensive exhalations arose.
- A bright phenomenon; a meteor.
act or process of exhaling
that which is exhaled
meteor — see meteor
exhalation f (plural exhalations)