f- + MRI
fMRI (countable and uncountable, plural fMRIs)
- (uncountable, radiology) Initialism of functional magnetic resonance imaging.
- Synonym: fMRI scanning
- Hypernyms: MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), radiography, MRI scanning
- 2008: Raymond C. Browne, Forensic Psychiatry Research Trends, page 125
- fMRI has not been carried out yet in the group of paedophilia or other paraphiliae. Given the much better spatial and in particular higher temporal resolution it may be the tool of preference.
- 2015: Vogt, Nina (December 2015). "fMRI goes individual". Research Highlights. Nature Methods 12 (12): 1112. doi:10.1038/nmeth.3677
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) visualizes the blood oxygen level-dependent (BOLD) signal in the brain, which indexes neural activity.
- (countable, radiology) Initialism of functional magnetic resonance imager.
- Synonyms: fMRI scanner, fMRI machine
- Hypernyms: MRI (magnetic resonance imager), radiograph, MRI scanner, MRI machine
- (countable, radiology) Initialism of functional magnetic resonance image.
- Synonym: fMRI scan
- Hypernyms: MRI (magnetic resonance image), radiogram, MRI scan