Borrowed from Old French faerie; equivalent to faie + -erie.
- The land or domain in which magical or mythological creatures live; the Otherworld.
- The occult, esoteric, or magical arts or a product of them used for illusion (e.g. a phantasm).
- (as a collective) Magical or mythological beings, beasts, or creatures.
- A magical or mythological being, beast, or creature.
- (rare) Something which is untrue, invented, or fictional.
- “fairīe, n.”, in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007, retrieved 2019-1-3.